Sunday, May 04, 2008

What to do with Asian leftovers

My friend Linda and I had a great Saturday. We hadn't spent some quality time together for awhile, so we started out by getting a massage at a new place by her. Then we went to Pei Wei for lunch (think fast food PF Chang's, if you don't have one near you - they're owned by the same company). I ordered a sizzling salad and she ordered blazing noodles - both with tofu and veggies - and both blazing hot!

There were a few leftovers and I brought them home. Now what to do with them? Well, I learned awhile back that you can add a little lettuce and make a nice cold salad out of almost any asian cuisine leftovers. Use a little iceberg if you want for crunch, but make sure you add some darker leafed lettuce for the vitamins and minerals - I'll be able to stretch one nite's leftovers into two or three tasty salads for lunch or dinners!

No comments: