Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Vegan Burrito


I made my husband pot roast with potatoes and carrots, and since that's one of my favorite meals, was wondering if I'd miss it. Nope. Instead I came up with a vegan monster taco (I had too much filling in the thing to wrap it like a burrito)!

I cooked the potatoes and carrots separately from the meat so I could have some.

Recipe:

1 whole wheat tortilla (I used the 10 inch carb conscious by Mission - 130 calories)
2 slices of soy cheese (I used pepper jack, but you could substitute any cheese, soy or milk you want. This is your only source of protein in this meal).

The rest is up to you. I used a few chunky potatoes and baby carrots. To that I added some red leaf lettuce and cilantro. Then I added a little salsa for moisture.

As I was enjoying this I realized (duh!) you could use any vegetable combination in this. And I certainly will!

No comments: